
I think people often mistake all silences for being awkward. The absence of words can be as wonderful and as meaningful as words if you let it. It's common to take silence for granted, people don't realize how nice it can actually be. If you look at quietness from a different perspective it's not as awkward as it may seem, and awkward silences may not even exist. Some of the best moments of silence you can have with a person is when you're sitting with someone, not saying a thing and walk away knowing it was the best conversation of your life. It is not always necessary to fill the room with noise or sound. Maybe people listen better when there is nothing to listen to at all.
2 comments:
Sometimes, I find that true friendship occurs when two people can sit in silence and not feel that it is necessary to fill the void. I agree that occasionally the most wonderful times can occur in silence, but it can be awkward with strangers.
I agree with both you and sydnie... not all silences are awkward and some of the best things in life happen in silence. Categorizing all silences as awkward just isn't true. If you can sit around with people and say nothing and have it not be the slightest bit awkward thats what real friend are
Post a Comment